3E’s API provides access to data resources in the 3E financial management system. The API provides the ability to retrieve, add, or modify records (e.g., Clients and Matters) – and more.
This API expands 3E’s integration capabilities beyond the Elite Service Bus (ESB) file imports and exports integration method. The API allows third-party solutions and Thomson Reuter customer development teams to build real-time integrations with 3E. The API serves as a hub that provides a single secure integration point. The Hub routes both 3E hybrid and cloud only requests.
COMBINE 3E WITH OTHER SOFTWARE PLATFORMS TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM
- Provide flexible and robust capabilities and services that enable your firm to differentiate from the competition
- Integrate 3E data with other applications (e.g., case management system) to streamline workflows, save time, and reduce errors and costs
- Combine 3E data with other firm data and gain deeper insights for effective decision-making
- Let your lawyers continue to use their favorite time entry app, while integrating that system with 3E. Eliminating any learning curve or down-time
- Delve into the analytics by integrating your existing reporting suite with 3E’s real-time data
- Add “Who Knows Who” relationship intelligence to your firm’s CRM system. Keep contacts and relationships up to date. Retrieve contact details and relationships by company and person
- Retrieve and write time card data to/from the 3E database
WHERE TO GET STARTED?
3E APIs are available to customers running 3E on premises and 3E Cloud customers. The 3E APIs were officially released in July 2019 with our 3E 2.9.1 release, but is available for customers on 3E 2.8.1 and above. For on premises customers the 3E REST API end point is automatically installed with your 3E User Interface packages. Windows Authentication is used on premises and access is through the endpoints shown in Swagger at [ServerName]/[InstanceName]/Web/Swagger. For cloud customers, please see below on how to access 3E APIs.
- Core Resources – View for a list of available 3E Resources (i.e., Attachment, Time, Matter, etc.) an integrated application can access.
- API Authentication and Access – Follow the steps here to get started using the 3E API.
- Sample App – Download this sample application to learn how the 3E API works.
- 3E API Reference – View for a comprehensive list of API resources, endpoints, methods, and schemes.